- You are emailing a spreadsheet around to your colleagues or suppliers. The problem is that it is instantly out of date. And your colleagues are emailing YOU with changes you should make.
- Your information is in more than one place—often in multiple email inboxes and on more than one computer
- Staff productivity is declining, deadlines are being missed, and customer complaints are on the rise. You yourself spent all morning trying to find out whether or not an issue was resolved, or a prospective customer was called, or a specific task had been completed. Oh by the way, who completed that task? And…where is the document they drafted to wrap it up?
If any of these sound familiar to you, it is time for you to consider switching to an online database. Switching to an online database will provide a single source of up-to-date information to your dispersed team. It will help you manage your projects, store your information, and provide a central hub for communication. The headaches of managing various data among today’s far-flung groups can be detrimental to the success of a team, organization, or collection thereof.
How will an online database help you?
- Keep your information stored in one secure place. Using an online database to store your important data and files will relieve you of the hassle of having to worry which computer your information is on, what email that specific attachment is in, and then what if your computer crashes? Exactly—that is scary to think about. An online database will give you a common storage warehouse for all of your data and files.
- Increase productivity, meet your deadlines, and put an end to user complaints. If you are going through the hassle of managing all of your data and documents, imagine the hassle your team members are going through, too! Not only do you all have to worry about your task status, and where your documents and emails are, but you have to worry about everyone else’s, too. With the project management feature of an online database, it is easy to track progress, meet deadlines, and streamline communications—ultimately increasing user satisfaction.
- Use your time efficiently. The time it took you to make the phone call, take the trip down the hall, or write the email in search of an update as to whether or not something was done, is limited and valuable. Reduce your need to spend time reaching multiple contacts…just to spend more time waiting for your answers. With an online database it is easy to tell whether something has been completed, by whom, and to whom it was sent.
GroveSite offers Online Collaboration, Database, and Project Management tools, all integrated in a single "All-In-One" web platform. GroveSite is affordable, easy to use, and quick to deploy -- making it a great solution to your business and team needs. Customer support, including help getting started, is free and excellent. If you’re ready to get your feet wet, you can request a free trial here.