Since the last update on our how-to training video progress, we have come quite a ways. We have compiled a few videos to help you get started using your online database software. Whether you are looking to quickly build a simple database, customize an intricate database, customize your fields, define your own database views, or add a database filter, there is now a video for you! If you missed our last update on Branding Your Site and Enrolling Members, you can read the post New GroveSite Training Videos Help You Get Started Quickly here.
- Database QuickStart. Start making your business processes more efficient, regardless of where your team is located. This video will walk you through the Database QuickStart process and teach you how to quickly add a database within your online collaboration, database, and project management workspace to help you organize and share data and streamline group communication.
- Full Database Editor. Using the Full Database Editor you can make more customized and specific database definitions within your online workspace. Either create a database from scratch or edit an existing database using this tool by adding more fields, refining existing fields, defining or adding custom views, defining relationships, and more.
Watch GroveSite’s How-To Video on Full Database Editor
- Customizing Database Fields. By setting your field options you can further customize your database. This video will walk you through the fine-tuning process of creating your database. Learn how to add spaces and special characters to field names, specify field size and set defaults, permissions, and required fields.
Watch GroveSite’s How-To Video on Customizing Database Fields
- Editing Default Database Views. Now that you have your database created with the fields of your choice, you are able to determine which fields you wish to include in the two default views, Expanded and Summary View, and how you want the chosen fields in each view to display.
Watch GroveSite’s How-To Video on Editing Default Database Views
- Defining Custom Database Views. You may want to add additional custom views to your database to show relevant information for either a step in the workflow or for a particular group. Just like the Expanded and Summary views, you are able to determine which fields you want to include and how you want those fields to display.
Watch GroveSite’s HowTo Video on Defining Custom Database Views
- Adding a Database Filter. Adding a filter to your database enables you to select a certain subset of data to work on. For example, all rows with a certain status, or all rows within a certain date range. Once you select your subset, it becomes easier to change and update the item within it.
Watch GroveSite’s HowTo Video on Adding a Database Filter
As expected, there will be more videos to come. Subscribe to GroveSite’s YouTube channel to stay up-to-date on future videos to come. For any additional help please visit GroveSite’s Help Desk or contact GroveSite’s Customer Support.
Need a GroveSite account? Sign up for a free trial of online database and online collaboration software today!